The Clean Technology Centre (CTC) at Cork Institute of Technology CTC is widely accepted as the leading waste prevention focused research organisation in Ireland as well as being the oldest.
CTC’s work in resource efficiency approaches has been highly acclaimed and is closely linked to several national policies and initiatives. CTC consultancy, research and development work has driven national and regional programmes and methodologies such as:
- The National Waste Prevention Programme (and many of its initiatives),
- National Hazardous Waste Management Plans 1 and 2 (prevention elements);
- National Task Force on Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE);
- Implementation of the Solvents Directive in Ireland;
- The Markets Development Group for Recycling;
- The Cleaner Greener Production Programmes (CGPP) (1 and 2);
- National Waste Characterization Methodologies
CTC has successfully carried out over 100 national and international, pure and applied environmental research projects since its inception in 1992 – both individually and with over 120 partners from 31 countries. More…
CTC has a proven track record in project management and successful research delivery to clients such as:
- European Commission (several Directorates General, including External Relations;Enterprise and Industry; Environment; Research; Regional Policy; Education and Culture),
- Department of Jobs Enterprise and Innovation,
- Department of Environment Culture and Local Government,
- Environmental Protection Agency,
- Enterprise Ireland,
- Bord Iascaigh Mhara
- et al.
CTC has also provided assistance to 50 Irish hospitals through its work with the Green Healthcare Programme, which has now closed.
CTC has worked with over 300 Irish companies, through its own consultancy activities and in its past role in the Green Business Programme, which has now closed. CTC has worked with a wide variety of business and industrial sectors including: food, construction, medical devises, energy, plastics, tourism, service, pharmaceutical, textile, hospitality, metal finishing, healthcare, retail, printing, chemical, adhesives, membranes, waste management, electronics, fish, brewing, dairy, furniture, and dry cleaning, among others. More…