CTC, in co-operation with Austrian and German experts, is running a high level course on thermal energy auditing and efficiency in 2011. This is based upon use of the EINSTEIN thermal auditing tool – which facilitates energy audits for industry with thermal heating/cooling requirements and for service companies, such as hospitals, sports facilities etc.
This course is highly subsidised by the EU Intelligent Energy Europe Programme, and places are limited. A course of this type would normally cost several thousand Euro, but as part of a pilot scheme, it is being offered for only €120, including lunches and refreshments and will be held in Cork Institute of Technology.
Who should participate?
Those working/with experience in engineering consultancies, energy agencies, manufacturing, service companies.
• A technical or engineering background
• A basic knowledge of energy systems and process engineering
Benefits of Participation and the EINSTEIN audit tool
• Cost savings, due to energy demand reduction
• Fast estimation of the savings potential
• Reduced emissions
• The ability to perform energy audits at different levels of detail
• Integral solutions for efficient industrial thermal energy supply by renewable energy sources
• Heat recovery by an optimised heat exchanger network
The 6 day course, being held in May and November 2011, is in three main stages:
May 9th 1 day thermal energy fundamentals refresher course (optional)
May 10th – 12th 3 day EINSTEIN II Introductory Training Course
November 2 day Advanced EINSTEIN II Training Course
For more information about EINSTEIN click here.