The Clean Technology Centre has been commissioned by the Local Enterprise Office (LEO) of Cork City Council to provide consultancy to micro-businesses in Cork City.
This was done under the Green for Micro Programme of Cork City run by Cork City LEO and which aims to help prepare small businesses for the low carbon, more resource efficient economy of the future. It is a free programme available to companies with up to ten employees.
The CTC will assist the micro-businesses in three stages:
- Preliminary assessment using the Green Business online TREE tool. This tool will provide a Resource Efficiency Score and an outline a draft Resource Efficiency Action Plan
- Review of energy and waste bills to generate green KPIs for the business
- Review of energy and waste bills to access prices
- Review energy management, energy efficiency opportunities and renewable energy opportunities. CTC will identify the main energy users in the business. This may include lighting, heating, IT, transport, etc.
- Review waste management practices with a view to implementing waste prevention and reuse approaches and reducing waste to landfill where feasible, including a review of issues which have been identified as a problem.
Following the site visit CTC will report the main potential business opportunities which have been identified. It is important to discuss these opportunities with the business manager/owner and agree a 5 year action plan
- The agreed Resource Efficiency Action Plan (REAP) will be presented to management and employees at a virtual meeting
- The CTC will follow up with the companies a month after the presentation to review progress and assist where possible.